“What to Really Expect When Hosting an International Student” Webinar Announcement
May 17, 2017
Not quite sure what to expect when hosting an international student? How do you know if you’re prepared for their arrival? Are you looking for advice from more experienced host families?
On Wednesday June 7, 2017, Cambridge Network will be presenting a Webinar on “What to Really Expect When Hosting and International Student.”
Learn more about the many benefits of hosting an international student with Cambridge Homestay, formerly gphomestay, and what to expect when your international student arrives to your home, from real host families.
With guest host families sitting in to answer your questions and tell us about their experiences, you’ll learn firsthand what it’s like to host an international student. We’ll discuss cultural differences, steps to becoming a host family and the application process, host commitments, and services we provide to Cambridge Homestay families.
The webinar will allow time for a Q&A session with a panel of experienced host families. These families can answer all your questions about hosting, mend any concerns you may have, give advice, and generally tell you what to expect when hosting an international student.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- The cultural background of the incoming international students, and how it differs from your cultural background
- How the U.S. education system differs from other cultures
- What is expected of you as a host family, and the various duties you should prepare to fulfill
- The various resources and services Cambridge Homestay provides to all hosts, and how to take advantage of this service
- The steps you need to take to be approved to as a host family
- The matching process that find the perfect host family for individual international students
- What to really expect when hosting an international student, with real host families serving as primary sources
Cambridge Network has previously hosted webinars focused on educating host families and aspiring host families with great results! We hope this webinar will expand upon the benefits of hosting international students, and highlight the expectations versus realities from the perspective of experienced host families. This is also an opportunity to learn tips and tricks on how to preemptively help your international student battle culture shock.
To register for this free webinar, visit this link.
We hope to see you there!
Latest posts by Greg Argeros (see all)
We are consolidating our brands under our company name, but you’ll see the exact same high level of service and support.